Parents and Coaches,
We hope this email finds you well and you are staying safe and healthy.
During the past few weeks, we’ve worked closely with our government officials, City of Olathe Parks and Recreation, and our business partners to ensure we can kick off a 2020 League Season with the health and well-being of our OGSA employees, coaches, players, families, and business partners at the forefront. As we start to re-enter our daily routines and the softball field, we will communicate often with our OGSA families and provide specific timelines of when information will be released, so you can plan accordingly. These emails will contain important information such as: practice schedules, game schedules, and NEW complex rules to keep all of us safe.
Johnson County has announced the following phases of reopening:
- Phase 1: (May 11th – May 17th) – Youth sports are allowed 10 or fewer people per field
- Phase 2: (May 18th – May 30th) – Youth sports are allowed 30 or fewer people per field and we will begin practices during this time.
- Phase 3: (June 1st) – Youth sports are allowed 90 or fewer people per field and we will begin games during this time.
Assigned practices will begin Monday, May 18th with league games beginning Monday, June 1st. Strict guidelines for both practices and games will be implemented to keep everyone safe and healthy. We understand everyone is at different levels of comfort with re-entry plans and we want to provide everyone an opportunity to do what they feel is best for their family.
- If you are already registered with a team or as an individual and plan to play, you don’t need to do anything additional.
- If you are already registered as an individual and have decided not to play, a full refund will be provided if you notify us by May 13th. All refunds will be processed May 14th – 21st.
- If you are registered as a team and the team decides not to play, a full refund will be provided if the head coach notifies us by May 13th. The team refund will be provided to the coach and processed May 14th – 21st. Every team handles their finances differently, it will be up to the coach and player/parent to determine how the refund will be handled.
- If you are registered as a team and individually decide not to play, but the team is playing, you will need to work out details with your coach. Teams pay a set team fee; therefore, OGSA does not have the authority to make refund decisions.
- If your summer plans have changed and you are now able to participate, please let us know my May 13th. We will do our best to find a place for you.
As we work quickly to accommodate any changes our members may need, it’s important for everyone to be paid in full by May 13th. Anyone not paid in full by May 13th, will be dropped from the league. If we need to re-work schedules, we will have very limited time to do so.
May 11th – Practice guidelines will be emailed.
May 13th – Deadline for registration changes and payment.
May 15th – Practice schedule will be emailed
May 18th – Practice begins
May 25th – Game schedule and guidelines will be emailed
June 1st – Games begin
We’re looking forward to a successful, safe, and healthy 2020 OGSA League,
OGSA Board and Staff